- The K80 chip is broken up into two graphics processors, which share the balance of processing. Combined, the chip has 4,992 processing cores, 24GB of GDDR5 memory and memory bandwidth of 480GBps.
- A technology called GPU Boost can kick up performance for specific applications in bursts to deliver better results.
- Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Quanta and Cray will use the K80 GPUs in servers. Servers from HP and Dell will run on Intel’s Xeon CPUs.
- Dell’s PowerEdge C4130 is a 1U server that looks more like an appliance and will be able to accommodate up to four K80 cards.
- A number of C4130 servers could be used as cabinets to build a supercomputer, said Jimmy Pike, chief architect for Dell’s enterprise solutions group.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Meet the Tesla K80: Nvidia's most powerful graphics card yet has an insane 24GB of RAM
About Natty Kish
I'm Hari Kishan(Natty Kish) a Software Developer from India.I started TECHkish as a passion now it's empowering lot of readers globally and helping then to be updated with technology and earn money from their blog.TECHkish is all about tech news,gadgets,hacking and so on.Blend The TECHnology with TECHkish.